With a sick kid you start to question your actions as a parent, wonder what your doing wrong, how do I make this go away, what's the best route to go, why my little boy, the questions go on and on. I wish I could say that I have them all answered. The saying Heavenly Father doesn't send us anything that we can't handle has given me so much comfort, though it doesn't take away the pain it does help. I need to work on having more faith in myself, easier said than done but something I can defiantly work on. I love being a mom but it sure is hard sometimes, especially being responsible for their well being. I know something's I can not control, which I wish I could control everything, I just have to do what I feel right and the best that I can. I love my Teydor bug so so much and only want whats best for him, not always sure exactly what that is but doing what I can. This trial I think is definitely shaping me into a better, stronger, mother, not a perfect one but a better one. Life can be so hard, challenging, but at the same time so rewarding. Teydon has the best personality and is so so much fun, he brings so much joy to many around us. He makes the difficult things more worth it and easier, especially when you think about and concentrate on those good moments.
June 18, 2013
Seizure #7
Friday morning (June14) around 10 am Teydon had a seizure, lasting 2-2.5 min. He was playing outside with Dan, Dan heard the scream then brought him inside after it was over so he could rest. After cleaning him up, he had mud in his hands and all over him, he had the seizure in the flower bed, he feel asleep for 3+ hours. Once he was awake he was his normal self, it is always a huge relief to know that no damage was caused. The seizure itself doesn't cause any harm unless it lasts longer than 5 minutes, it's mainly where they happen that can cause harm. I'm pretty sure it causes more damage to mom and dad than to Teydon. Today we took Teyd to his nutritionist to see what caused this one and what we need to, can do. The test showed that he had another chemical relation to phosphate, found in fertilizers and pesticides. It wasn't necessarily something that he came in direct contact with it could've been something in the air, something with the wind that was used miles away. How do you control that!!!?? You can't. Teydon's body is allergic to phosphate and it attacks his nervous system, causing him to have a seizure. Others may get a migraine or pass out, he has a seizure. The timing of his reaction to it can either be immediate or if he just gets things in small doses it could take time to have a reaction, like his body can handle so much then once it hits that point it reacts with a seizure. Some things that we CAN do, if the wind blows take him inside, keep him away from phosphates (ex. Fertilizers in the store, away from plants at the store), no foods with a long shelf life-the preservatives they use have some of the same stuff as phosphate, stay way from foods with food dyes, leave doors and windows closed, get an air filter, no bug sprays and can't be around anyone using/spraying bug spray (use lavender instead), always wear shoes when he's outside- which is going to be my biggest challenge he hates wearing shoes and never leaves them on when outside. This is something that won't last forever eventually he'll grow out of it and his body will be able to defend, protect itself without a reaction. The drops that we are giving him, which went up a lot, are helping his body to be able to desensitize from the phosphate. And they help his body/brain to recover from the seizure and flush out the phosphate. Besides him having a reaction to phosphate his body is very healthy and strong, which I give credit to the drops. This winter when Dan and I got bad colds, sore throats he never got any of them, the only thing he got was the flu this spring. His immune system is very strong which I am so grateful for, we don't need sicknesses causing more problems. Hoping to have things under control and figured out SOON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment