Saturday morning we got up and tried to make it to the Newton Easter Egg Hunt but getting in the car at 8:48 we figured we were not going to make it by 9 so we went to Mack Parks instead. Teydon was not real sure what we were doing and I think he was distracted by all the other kids. He got a baby stuffed animal, subway cookie coupons and some candy. Figured Teyd was good with one hunt for the day. We came back and worked in the basement, helped our neighbors put up a swing set- which Teydon got to swing on after, then Dad and Teydon went to work checking on a job while I went Easter shopping. I had Dan drop me off at the mall, which you would think I would learn by now that when he says he'll only be 30-45 mins its really more like 3 hrs. I walked to Shopko and waited there forever- I didn't really feel like caring a basketball hoop everywhere. I found Teydon a suit but they didnt have any shoes so we spent the next 45 min trying to find some shoes finally Smith's Marketplace had some- their a little big but he'll be able to grow into them. I have learned my lesson here too not to procrastinate- makes for a long night. Easter Sunday we woke up and showed Teyd what the Easter Bunny brought-pretty sure he got super spoiled! After church we went to my dads for lunch; ham and potatoes DELICIOUS! After we hung out there for awhile we went to Dan's moms for an easter egg hunt and dinner. I love when we got to hang out with our families I am so grateful to have them in my life. We are really lucky cause we both love our in laws so there are no issues there. I feel like I didn't ponder about my savior as much as I wanted too but having a 14 month old kept me pretty occupied. Now is my time to think of him and record my feelings. I am also grateful for Christ and his sacrifices for me so that I could be forgiven of my sins and for conquering death so that I may live again with my heavenly father! I am grateful for the holidays when we get to celebrate Christ and his life! I am so excited for Teydon to get bigger so that I can teach him about our Savior and him be able to understand and have the patience :)! I am so grateful for the example Christ is to me. I want to learn more about the Saviors life and his teachings, I don't know them as well as I'd like to. My life is so perfect I couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment