I hope this medical stuff gets easier to deal with as we go along, cause its tearing me apart. Again we had to hold our little guy down while the EEG tech attached the 25 wires to his poor little head. Our little guy that was sleep deprived, it was not fun. He kept yelling at us "STOP IT!" " I'm done" "all DONE!" I tried to distract him with reading books to him but it would only work for a little while. Finally once they were all on we only had one last step and that was to wrap his head in gauze so that the wires wouldn't fall off, he didn't love that part but was ok with it. He then got to take a 25 min nap while they did the test. It didn't take long at all for him to fall asleep. Poor guy wish he could've got a little more sleep. At the end of the test, they wanted to see if he was light sensitive so after he had been sleeping for 25 mins they turned a strobe light on to see how his brain reacts to it. He did NOT like that at all, it lasted about 1.5 min. The tech was really good to work with and really helped us get some answers. He called Teyds dr, dr Lloyd then when he couldn't get ahold of him he called an attending neurologist for us. Who looked over the test and said that there was epileptic activity but it wasn't anything serious enough that he needed to be admitted for. After the tech had told us this we were headed out when the tech met us in the hall and told us Dr. Lloyd had called him back and said that he was in vernal at another clinic but would look at his EEG and call us tomorrow to discuss it with us.
There were multiple times that I just wanted to just sit there and bawl my eyes out but as I'd get upset I would either see Teyd in discomfort or he would see me upset and he would get upset too and tell me it's ok mommy and start crying too so I had to keep it together for my tough little man! Hopefully I can get it relieved sometime before bed or I'll have another sleepless night.
On top of having his EEG today last night he had a fever of 101.5 that just came out of the blue. He woke up with one too so I called his pediatrician to see if we could get him checked out before we left for SLC. 4 of Teyds cousins have strep throat so wanted to get him checked for it. They did a rapid strep test which came back negative but where he had been exposed to it they put him on antibiotics anyways. They sent it in for a cultural test, we'll get the results on Fri. They said the rapid test is 20% false so the cultural test will tell us for sure. But where Teyd is having enough health issues his Dr. didn't want to weaken his ability to fight off seizures with dealing with strep throat too. Love our pediatrician he is awesome and very understanding!
One of these days I am hoping we can get back to a normal non sick life. My poor little guy can't catch a break. And mommy needs him to start catching one! My heart is SO heavy for those that deal with sick children on a daily basis and I hope I have your strength to get through this. I truly look up to you and feel for you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment