July 22, 2012
Another one!?!
It was a normal Sunday, except we made it to chuch 10 mins early today. Until during sacrament meeting it was around 1130, I was reading scriptures about trials and happened to look down at Teydon to see what he was doing. It was not what I wanted to see. He was just staring off not moving and right then I knew what was happening. First thought NOT AGAIN! Second Dan. As soon as I acknowledge what was happening he let out that terrifying, my worst nightmare scream. Dan then scooped him up and took him out in the foyer. I was looking to gather up our stuff and once realizing it was everywhere I just left it and hurried to my boys. When I got there Teydon was foaming/drooling, convulsing, and choking on his bread he was eating just minutes earlier. I had Dan lay him on his side so the bread and everything would fall out of his mouth. A few seconds later he stopped moving and was out of it. We tried to get him to spit out the remaining bread but he wasnt coherent enough to understand what we were saying and he wasn't choking on it anymore so we just left it and eventually he swallowed it. He never came out of it he went from his seizure right to sleep. Our 2nd counselor in the bishopric and a next door neighbor came out to help us and bring us our stuff. We are so blessed with amazing neighbors, ward family, friends and family!!! Once the seizure was over and he was asleep we took our little boy home. We called Teyd's grandparents to let them know it had happened again and called Dan's brothers to come help us give him a blessing. So many many people love and care for our little guy so much! He has touched so many peoples hearts, we are so lucky to have such an amazing little boy!!! We love him so much and it kills us to see him go through a seizure. He's just so little and so helpless! Dan and I joke and say why do we have kids they cause way way too much stress but when you feel that love, that heart break that you have from them suffering, life would not be worth it if you didn't experience the love you have for your own child. I have never felt anything like it, it's an amazing feeling. I don't know how to describe it with words, the love I have for Teydon is so great so powerful! I am so grateful to be his mommy, I would not give him up for anything, he means the world to me! While we waited for family to arrive we called Primary Children's on call neurologist to see what we needed to do. Where the seizure only lasted a few seconds there was no concern for brain damage and they wouldnt have the tests we needed available at the ER so there wasn't anything we needed to do today. The on call dr was going to get in touch with Dr. Lloyd, the dr we saw on Tuesday, and see what he wanted us to do. She said she would call us back when she got a hold of him. Finally at 8:30 she called us back. They are going to call us Monday, tomorrow, to set up an appointment for an EEG. She asked if we wanted to start him on Kepra before his EEG but we told her we would like to wait and see what the test results say. Teydon had slept for two+ hours and woke up to a house full of people. We received our blessings, which were amazing, I love the priesthood!! After the blessings his cousins came in to see him and that was the end of his seizure ordeal, he hopped off my lap and chased after his cousins as if nothing had happened at all, and has been perfectly fine ever since. It sure is ALOT harder an his parents than it is him. Which I am ok with, I don't want him to suffer anymore than he has too. He is such a tough little guy! Please pray for our little guy that we can get some answers and get these things under control. We appreciate all the love and support from our families, friends, and neighbors, you all mean the world to us! THANK YOU for everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tanya! This makes me so sad for you guys and little Teydon! I'm praying for you guys and that you can find some answers and feel better about all of this!
Post a Comment