January 31, 2012

Jacob Chapter 5

In YW's we have been given the challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days (I'm a little behind schedule but i'm readying and studying it so that's what is important.) I have "read" the BOM before but this time I have really been studying, pondering and praying for more understanding. I've thought as I read what does the Lord want me to learn from this scripture. I've also been writing down my feelings and my understands in a journal as I read. I have really noticed a difference this time reading it, I understand things more, I feel the spirit so STRONGLY!! I feel the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon!! I love this gospel, I love the scriputers, I love my savior Jesus Christ and the love that he has for ME!! The reason I titled this post Jacob 5 is because that is the chapter I just finished reading and for the 1st time I understood the story of the Vineyard. It wasn't just a vineyard of trees, it was a vineyard of Christs people, his righteous people. He scattered them so that he could presever them. So that he could nourish them and bring them back to righteousness. No matter how corrupt we become our Savior will always love us and always wants us to come back to him! In verse 41 the Lord of the Vineyard weeps because his vineyard has turned wild and he wonders what could I have done more for my vineyard? Christ weeps for us and wants us to follow him, he sends his servants to teach us and bring us back to him. In verse 61 he calls for his servants to labor diligently ... that we may prepare the way, that I may bring forth again the natural fruit, which natural fruit is good and the most precious above all other fruit. I am so thankful for Christ and the love he has for me, and  that no matter what I do he will always love me and I can return to live with him if I live my life righteously and if I turn my life to him. I also know that I am called to be his servant and to help bring others unto his gospel, I need to be a better servant of the Lord. I am so grateful for the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us and I am so grateful for his guidance and comfort in my life.

No comments: