February 10, 2011

Ward Temple Night!


I am so thankful that our ward has a Ward Temple Night because it gets us to the temple every month. We went last night (Feb. 9th) I love how peaceful and quiet the temple is. I love that your can feel the spirit so strongly there! Especially in the Celestial room, the spirit is so so strong I didn't want to leave. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life, I am so thankful that I changed my life for the better. I am grateful for that boyfriend that brought me back to the gospel. I don't know what direction my life would have gone in if it wouldn't have been for Jared and his family been great examples for me. I know that he was sent to my life at a certain time, for a certain reason and that reason being to bring me back to the gospel. I love having the gospel be a guidance and strength in my life. I love the feelings that come from following Christ. I know that our lives can be so much better by following Christ. I am so blessed and I know that I receive these blessings from obeying God's commandments and doing all that he asks of me. I am grateful for the blessing of an eternal family and so thankful that Dan and I chose to begin our lives together in the temple. I am grateful that we will be raising our children in the gospel and hope and pray that they will have a relationship with their Heavenly Father and keep the gospel in their lives.


They have this picture in the Logan Temple and as I was waiting for Dan to get the car I was looking at this picture. It got me thinking about how much Christ suffered for me, the love that he has for me that he would go through so much pain and suffering so that I could be forgiven of my sins and return to live with my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for all that Christ did for me. He sacrificed so much for me it made me think that the trials and things they ask of me don't come anywhere close to what he went through for me. I hope that is something I always remember. When trials or a calling come to me I want to remember that these things are little and simple compared to what he went through and to accept and face these things with knowing that Christ is on my side and always there to help me. There is nothing to hard to handle when I turn to my father in heaven for help and guidance.

I know people who have made wrong choices and are drawn away from the gospel, it makes me so sad to know the blessings and happiness that they are missing out on. The worldly things seem so much more important but to me I'd much rather have a boring, clean life and receive the blessings now. Worldly things can only keep you happy for so long. The sacrifices are so much more worth it. I know that I am not perfect and that there are things that I could do so much better but thats why we were put here to be tested, to grow spiritually, and to learn.

I wish I knew and understood the scriptures better and I know there is only one way to do it, it is to read them. I'm making a goal TODAY to take the time and STUDY the scriptures more. I know that I will be blessed in many ways for doing this, the most important blessings are understanding the gospel better and growing my relationship closer to Heavenly Father and Christ. I know that this gospel is true, Christ is our savior, and that by obeying the commandments, following Christ is the only way to receive the blessings that are in store for us and to be TRUELY happy. I love this gospel and hold close to my heart.

2 comments:

Lando & Cami said...

Thanks for your post. It was just what I needed. Sometimes I think that satin works on us harder than we know. I need to do better in remembering that trials are for our good. You are so great. What a wonderful example you are. I hope you know how much your post meant to me today:)

Dan-n-Tanya said...

Thank you Cami! I'm glad it helped you, you must have been the reason I felt I should write it. :) I agree Satin does work on us harder than we realize! Thank you again!