April 22, 2009
NewMyer Easter!
It was Dan's dads birthday on the 18th so as a family we went to the temple to celebrate his life! Even those living in other states went on their time zone so that we all went to the same session together. After the temple we went out to Newton where Dan's mom lives. We ate dinner, then had an Easter egg/candy hunt. The kids had a lot of fun. As a family tradition they always go to their dads grave and have a memorial. They each take a turn talking about their dad, then put a rose on his head stone. Suprisingly with how many kids there are (12) they are a very close family and really have the spirit in their lives. I could feel it so strong in the temple and at the cemetary. I really admire how close they are and how they get along with each other so well. I hope that I can live by their examples. And one day when we bring little ones into this world we can have that same closeness and love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment