This Saturday was the opening for the elk hunt. Dan and I went to Henefer to go hunting with my dad! WELL I should say Dan went with my dad I chickened out, it was raining and I didn't want to get all soggy! :) So I hung out with my cousin and her 3 kids instead! It was fun to catch up! We don't get very much one-on-one time to just chit-chat so it was good! Dan has been asking me for weeks to go for a horse back ride, he got his ride on Saturday. He took my aunt/dad's horse hunting. He didnt mind getting wet and cold! That was a mistake, letting him ride the horse, cause the next day he was telling me he wanted a horse instead of a kid. Joking I hope! They only saw a couple cow elk, no bulls. But they had a good time, thats what counts! Hopefully the next time we go its not raining so that I get to go and enjoy the fun!
It's been a family tradition to go hunting for many many years. I have to say its not nearly as much fun now as it was when I was a kid. A lot of family things have changed making the experience a little different. It's a good time to get to spend time with my dad so I'm sure we'll continue going until he stops. Thinking of family traditions, makes me excited for when we grow our family and start making our own little traditions.
No comments:
Post a Comment